Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12-12-12

Lately...

(This could become a fun cell phone case, I think!)

I have done about 239487 things in the past few weeks.  I don't want to write about them.  I do want to write that on Sunday and Monday, I spent at least fifteen hours designing a Shutterfly book.  The subject of the book was things I have painted over the past ten years or so.  It was so much fun!  I highly recommend it - but if you are a perfectionist* like me, make sure you have at least fifteen hours.

Have you seen this?  It made me giggle:


I feel like I need to make some resolutions.  Not New Year's resolutions, because seriously, that idea has never really worked for me.  Lent works for me, but it's still a few months away.  I just need to sleep more than I have lately.  I think that will help.  And, I need to start preparing for Christmas, now that it is just two weeks away.  Things feel busy and jumbled and the opposite of festive.

I hope you are doing well, and feeling festive, and sleeping enough.

*I'm a selective perfectionist.  There are some things I am so particular about and some things I just don't care about.  I think most of us are like this.  Two examples: I'm not Type A about having a clean desk (I'm probably at least a type Y, if not Z...), but the work I do is meticulously planned and constructed.  I don't care at all about capitalization rules, but it aggravates me intensely when there is a misspelled word on the news ticker on Good Morning America.

Okay, it's time to sleep.  Happy 12-12-12!

No comments: