Friday, January 1, 2016

hello 2016


I like painting on New Year's Day.  I like the illusion of the blank slate on January first, and I feel welcome to fill that blank slate with creativity.

Last year, almost every crafty thing I did was made for a specific purpose or project.  It felt really great today to have only the color green and a large flower in mind, as I sat at the painting table.  I like the result.  It's a little bit freeform mixed media, and a little bit sharp lines and perfectionist.  It's good to find that balance.

May this year be not only one of balance (by which I may be here more than in 2015), but one of accomplishment.  May we be able to look back at 2016 as a year in which we worked to make good things happen - not just in our own lives, but in the lives of others.

This blog post is a good place to start.

Happy 2016.


No comments: