Sunday, January 1, 2012

1-1-12

Someone (or someones) said that the way you spend the first day of the year indicates the way the rest of the year will go. I don't know if that's likely, but if so, it will be a good year. I relaxed. I ate carefully without planning to eat carefully. I had a creative lull when I sat at the painting table with tiny pieces of wood for the first real stretch of time in what is probably months, but then, eventually, I got back into it and painted the pendants above (not psyched about the quality of the iPhone photo, though!). They aren't finished because apparently, my tube of e-6000 is glued shut. So I stopped for the evening and I'll do something about it tomorrow (which means I will probably have to buy more glue). For a little while now (several months) I haven't made any progression with anything new for the Mirthmarket, but today I did. So today was about small steps to progress, pacing myself and enjoying the present moment.

My friend Heather has made a list of things she wants to do this year and documenting it on her blog. It's a good idea to use the opportunity of a new year as a clean slate/fresh start/day one. I like the optimism a new year brings.

I hope the optimism continues for you in the months ahead! I am excited to get back to creating and blogging more often. I think that great days are ahead.

2 comments:

Eyelah said...

Those look so cute! Are they going to be pendants or magnets?

julie said...

I'm thinking pendants. I originally bought this size of circle for magnets, though, and I'm still planning to make magnets!