Saturday, December 24, 2011

I wish you a Merry Christmas

I didn't make a single present this year (at least, I didn't make and finish anything in time for Christmas). I did take a few hours out to make Christmas cards, though. Here's what I did:

First, I painted index cards (maybe twelve or so? I didn't count...) using five paint colors: red, fuchsia, lime green, reef blue, and white. Some were more plain, and some were patterned. Then, I forgot to take a photo of them - but here was my palette.

I cut the cards into little strips and piled them up on the craft table in a big heap.

I used blank index cards as a surface upon which to lay stripes of each design. I glued each stripe down with mod podge.

After the cards were dry, I started to cut each one into a tree-like triangle shape.

Then, in true Julie-fashion, I didn't want to waste the excess, so I made patch-work-esque trees from the scraps.

Here is a little land of trees:

I bought pre-made cards and glitter paper, and used a square of glitter for each background. I used gold foil paper for each star. Everything is held together with double stick foam tape, so there is just a bit of dimension, and no gluey mess. Each card is a little different. And I like that I could write any message I wanted inside.



Of course, you could skip the painting part altogether and just use construction paper or scrapbook paper for the trees. I just like painting.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

No comments: