Sunday, December 27, 2009

A goal for 2010


I have a goal to reach 100 items in the Mirthmarket in 2010.

I am not a natural goal setter. I am more of the kind of person who thinks, "This sounds good today, I think I'll try it", and either lose interest or change my mind - leading to a continual evolution of plans and ideas that keep me busy and cheerful. I like being busy and cheerful. But that kind of mindset has some residuals.

For example, I have a lot of craft supplies. A lot. Some of these are from those "I think I'll try it" moments that don't quite make it to fruition.

So I'm tying this into my goal as well. Until I reach 100 items, I cannot shop for craft supplies in 2010.

(I'd start this sooner, as I'm not any *more* motivated on January 1st than any other day of the year, but I need a few days to buy some more paintbrushes and some ribbon that will work on some of these 100 projects. I'm not going to get through this goal without some back-up tiny paintbrushes.)

And, I'm posting this here to keep myself accountable. This is the kind of thing that works for me.

I am going to use up surfaces and more surfaces, and build up the Mirthmarket as well. I've already started, and I can't wait to share the results with you!

Wish me luck. I'll need it!

No comments: