Monday, November 30, 2009

magnets and buttons

In between making gift recommendations, I spent some time crafting this weekend. First, I painted some tiny wooden discs that will soon become magnet sets. Then, I brought out the polymer clay and created some delightfully wonky buttons.

Works in progress are shown here:


And in the midst of all of that, this treasury was featured on the front page of Etsy:


Since then, I have received such an incredibly nice response from the Etsy community, including a very kind feature on LilithEvy's blog, and several gracious convos from sellers featured in that treasury who went on to have a successful sales day. Thanks for letting me know!

The Mirthmarket was also featured on Alexander's Design Blog and yesterday's gift post was mentioned on Wobbly Plates Facebook Fan Page and I am very grateful. Thank you.

So I'm thinking about listing some of these crazy buttons, once they're finished. They are definitely a departure from the rings and pendants! My shop definitely has a "niche" now, which is nice, and this would not necessarily fit in the niche of handpainted wooden jewelry. Truthfully though, I never intended to only sell one kind of thing!

Enjoy your week!

No comments: