Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy November!

The painting above was inspired by a tree I pass every day as I leave my office (below), that is losing more leaves every day. After Friday's downpour, I'm sure that it is mostly leafless.

















And as its branches become more bare, the grass near the sidewalk is flooded with these striking red leaves.












Sometimes I miss the whole season of autumn - it zips past me and I forget how much I like it. It really bums me out when I do things like that. I was a little better at it this year - I drove to Cincinnati on a good weekend for foliage - I made it to the orchard for apple cider and a caramel apple - and I've tried to be more careful about watching the subtle changes of the trees I pass every day.

I have so much to look forward to this month, and so much to do! After taking most of October off from this blog, November is bound to be full around here.

No comments: