Saturday, October 27, 2012

From the Biltmore Gardens

So I took a week long road trip, camera in hand for much of the way (admitting that much of the way included lengthy hours in a car between sights).  Indiana to Florida (through Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia), then back to Indiana through Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Tennessee and Kentucky again.

On the second to last day of the trip, we went to the Biltmore.  If you've never been, know that it is grandiose and impressive and worth the trip.  I was there for a whole day, including the basic home tour, lunch, the gardens, the shops and the winery.  I didn't see the museum, or any special tours, or all of the grounds, and I still felt like I rushed through it.

I'm just now uploading my photos, and they remind me of how beautiful the gardens were.  There is something so calming about taking a camera into a flower garden (or a conservatory).  Tonight I noticed so much more detail in the photos, and I'm in awe of the astounding creativity of God.  There are easily over 100 photos, and it's hard to decide which to post, so I apologize if it seems I've posted too many.  They are just too beautiful!






























No comments: