Saturday, June 23, 2012

Justin

A few days after Katie's graduation, I flew to Texas to attend another high school graduation - this time for my nephew, Justin.



Justin is so smart. His intelligence manifests itself in so many ways. He is clever, quick witted, and when he is interested in something, he learns every tiny detail.



I remember when he was about seven years old, I bought a $20 Pokemon card for his birthday. It was a holographic Blastoise. I thought that was a steep price for a Pokemon card, but it was rare, and he really wanted it. He was so happy.



He is a natural comedian. He can do a myriad of accents, impressions (his impression of my Dad is uncanny), and physical comedy. Last Thanksgiving, after seeing the movie with friends, he acted out the entire birthing scene from Breaking Dawn in his living room. That was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.



I'm glad to be his Aunt, although not so glad that I only get to see him about twice a year.



He was accepted to so many colleges, and just went to orientation at Baylor. His future is wide open.

No comments: