Sunday, February 26, 2012

i like this book


Six days ago I finished reading The Fault in Our Stars, and it is still resonating in my mind. Without sharing too many details, it was just a good story. It was smart, sweet, touching, and set in Indianapolis. John Green, who wrote this book, signed every book in the entire first edition. You may still be able to find one - the book just came out last month. He and his brother make great vlogs (vlog is a word that sounds so ridiculous, right?) - here is a favorite from several years ago:



His fans call themselves Nerdfighters, and I like everything they're about, including their mantra: DFTBA. Don't Forget To Be Awesome.

Back to the book - it is a quick read, about a teenage girl with cancer who meets a teenage boy in cancer support group, and their relationship as it deepens and becomes complicated by the disease. If I say anything more, it will give away all of the surprises. And I just don't want to do that.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I am going to put that on my "must read" list. Thanks for sharing.