Sunday, September 13, 2009

A work in progress...



Soon, these beads will become a necklace. I'm not sure what I'll add, or what I'll string them on, but soon...I'll figure that part out.

I have spent several hours over the past two weekends painting beads, and finding myself unsatisfied with the results. Beads were somewhat of a specialty of mine for several years, and I just wasn't feeling like I could get back into them. I wanted to...but whenever I would try a new design, it would just turn out all wrong. And I would think, "Yuck! I would not wear that!" So I would know it was time to move along and try something else.

So, after much trial and error, I am back to painting beads again.

Part of the blessing of NOT being a full-time Etsy seller is that I can deal with a creative lull once in a while and let it go. Then again, I am pretty sure that the lull was caused by long hours spent at my day job, but that's okay, too. Work is going well, and I'm getting back into painting after a break, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

No comments: