Tuesday, July 15, 2014

monogram painting 2014





This summer has been full, and it feels like it's almost over. School starts in less than three weeks! Many districts in Indianapolis have switched to a "balanced calendar" - typically nine weeks on, two weeks off, with an extended Thanksgiving break. That means school starts at the end of July or beginning of August, and lasts until June. I like the two week breaks, and I don't work a typical teachers' calendar. If I did, I might love the two week breaks!

Anyway, this has been a fairly cool summer temperature-wise, which is awesome. I just spent the past weekend in Cincinnati and the first week of July in northern Michigan. There is so much to tell! Today I just want to post this photo of a painting I made for my niece, Gretchen. It's 11x14. It's cemented my inkling that my next painted projects will be strictly painting - no additional media. I love creating with mixed media - but I love just painting, too.

Gretchen's painting is a follow up to the monogram painting I made last summer. I've worked on my flowers a bit, and I like these shapes more. Gretchen, once again, was the color advisor. She has a keen eye.

Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

TheForestDoor said...

I LOVE the colors and pattern you created! I found your blog through an Etsy team thread and I'm following you now; Would it be too much to ask for a follow back? :) Trying to link up with other bloggers! Slowly, slowly..Haha. Have a good one!

TheForestDoor said...

Woops, guess I forgot to link it...

http://theforestdoor.blogspot.com

Thanks!